Saturday, August 2, 2014

Abby's Meow quilt

Last week I finished Abby's quilt!

I wanted to get this done for her birthday (back in April...) but it just didn't happen, and that's okay.  
I used Aneela Hooey's Meow Quilt pattern and made 12 blocks, using several fabrics from Lizzy House's Catnap collection, mainly for the background and several of the individual blocks. And yes, I need a legit camera.  And to not take pictures of my feet.  Apologies.

It is the perfect size for her little Ikea toddler bed but at the rate she is growing it will be too short way too soon (did I mention she learned to ride her bike without training wheels this week? Yeah.). I backed it in a light pink old flat sheet we had in the linen closet that never got any use.  
I used an Art Gallery Elements (I think?) print in a bright pink to bind it.  And did I tell you what she said when I unceremoniously showed it to her?
She goes, "that's nice mom. But I really actually wanted a giraffe quilt with dark blue on the back." 

Ha!! So anyway, I know she likes it, but her tastes are changing and fast! Next time I won't take so long to get something made for her! The baby LOVES it though so it will absolutely get used a lot, even if not by the intended recipient.  Aren't kids hysterical?!


Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt Marian ! I'm sure she'll forget about the giraffe quilt with such a lovely quilt on her bed :)

    ReplyDelete